If you haven't already, you might take a look at
Caroline Bynum's _The Resurrection of the Body in
Western Christianity, 200-1336_ (New York, 1995) and
her earlier article, "Bodily Miracles and the
Resurrection of the Body" in _Belief in History_, ed.
Thomas Kselman (Notre Dame, 1991), pp. 68-106.

Torie Reed
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

http://farechase.yahoo.com

to: [log in to unmask]