Dear List Members,

A keen parish councillor of a large, fast-growing village in Cambridgeshire has approached the Libraries service with the potential offer of hundreds of pounds worth of funding to extend opening hours at the branch library.

We are interested to know if any other authority can cite a recent precedent for this sort of support.

While many town and parish councils in the county generously donate smaller amounts of money for one-off events or for summer reading activities for children, we are not (yet) aware of a partnership of this nature, with significant, ongoing support being offered.

So, if you know anything about a similar situation, please drop me a line.

Many thanks,

James Williams

James Williams
Graduate Trainee, Libraries, Archives & Information
Cambridgeshire County Council
Box CC10, Roger Ascham Library Site
Ascham Road, Cambridge, CB4 2BD
01223 717272

GREEN TIP: British Food Fortnight runs from 8th - 23rd October.   Buy locally produced food and organic food to reduce the environmental impact of food production and transport.  We throw away more than a third of our food each year, so try to minimise the amount of food waste you produce. Take a look at www.bigbarn.co.uk <http://www.bigbarn.co.uk> for details of producers in your area.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues.