Hello,
Seeing as we're on a fresh install of dcache here at lancaster I'm
having to go through the pool-VO mapping process again. Seeing as we
have twice as many pools as we did last time I decided to look over
our "pool assignment policy" (it's a simple text file) and update it.
After discussion with a collegue we're wondering: Is VO-pool mapping
an absolute nessicity, or could we just keep everything as `default'
and hope no VO starts to get greedy with the disk space.

Our general site policy otherwise is to ensure that each VO has one or
more `reserved' pools for its own use, then we have a large amount of
`default' space availiable to all. So no matter how greedy someone
gets with the disk space, a VO always has at least a couple of TB to
call their own.

What do people think? Is the free-for-all idea just plain folly? And
what are everyone else's policies?

cheers,
matt

ps my apolgies if this topic has been bought up before, I had the
nagging feeling we've already has this debate but can't find the
thread, so I thought it worth bringing up again