On Thursday 13 Oct 2005 14:35, Olivier van der Aa wrote:
> Graeme Stewart wrote
>
> > Have you tried, on se01, "rfdir se01:/tmp"? This should just list the
> > real /tmp directory on se01. Then try, e.g., "rfcp /etc/group se01:/tmp".
> > It should transfer the file.
>
> this works :-)

At least something works!

> > If this fails then something is seriously wrong with rfiod
> > (check /etc/shift.conf?). However, if that works, try the same rfdir and
> > rfcp from a UI, with your grid certificate initialised. And we'll see how
> > it goes...
>
> when doing: rfdir se01.esc.qmul.ac.uk:/tmp from my UI (2.6.0) I get:
> opendir(): se01.esc.qmul.ac.uk:/tmp: Connection closed by remote end
>
> I have attached what i see in the  /var/log/rfio/rfiod.log.

Yuk. Never seen anything like that here. In fact, I see that since my upgrade
to 1.3.8 rfiod isn't logging anything - hmmm, bug report for that I think.

Actually, the same thing happens for me, and when I try this to
dpm.epcc.ed.ac.uk. It's quite possible that rfiod is being picky about hosts
outside its domain. Can Alex make any progress using a host at QMUL?

However, when I try a globus-url-copy I get the same kind of error:

553 /dpm/esc.qmul.ac.uk/home/dteam/gasTest2: Connection closed by remote end.

Again, indicating a rfiod error.

I think this is not a simple problem. I'd mail [log in to unmask] (CC me
for interest).

Cheers

Graeme

Dr Graeme Stewart              http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~graeme/