On Thursday 13 Oct 2005 14:05, Olivier van der Aa wrote:
> Graeme A Stewart wrote:
>
> OK, this might make things interesting!
>
> > Try netstat -tlp - you shoudl find that gridftp is bound to all
> > interfaces - again see [1].
>
> Yes I checked and ftpd is accepting connection on *:2811

Yes, you should see all the daemons bound to *.

> This is what I get:
>
> POOL Volatile DEFSIZE 200.00M GC_START_THRESH 0 GC_STOP_THRESH 0
> DEFPINTIME 0 PUT_RETENP 86400 FSS_POLICY maxfreespace GC_POLICY lru
> RS_POLICY fifo GID 0 S_TYPE -
>                               CAPACITY 18.19T FREE 16.82T ( 92.5%)
>   se01 /pool/data/lcg CAPACITY 18.19T FREE 16.82T ( 92.5%)

That looks fine...

> When we issue dpns-mkdir commands it only creates entries in the
> database or we should also see something on the actual filesystem ?

No, you don't see anything in the filesystem - these are nameserver entries
only. When you transfer stuff into the DPM then you get files appearing in,
e.g.,

se01:/pool/data/lcg/VO/YYYY-MM-DD/file.NN.XX

where NN (I think) corresponds to the index of the DPNS entry, and XX is
probably a replica number (always 0 at the moment).

Anyway, we're a long way from there...

Have you tried, on se01, "rfdir se01:/tmp"? This should just list the
real /tmp directory on se01. Then try, e.g., "rfcp /etc/group se01:/tmp". It
should transfer the file.

If this fails then something is seriously wrong with rfiod
(check /etc/shift.conf?). However, if that works, try the same rfdir and rfcp
from a UI, with your grid certificate initialised. And we'll see how it
goes...

graeme

Dr Graeme Stewart              http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~graeme/
GridPP DM Wiki         http://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/Data_Management