Thank you, Nicholas,

I should have written that to you since, in fact, that is always my cry:  If an idea, no matter how brilliant, cannot be made applicable to real-life concerns, then it is just more verbiage.  I  will give this question some serious thought if you wish me to do so; however, as long as you are clear on what the goals are and you believe you have enunciated them in very plain English,  I would not let semantics occupy you overmuch.  When you have to search for the answer, you typically just lack adequate data or are being overly broad.  You will acquire the data in time and perhaps you should narrow the goals and even limit the number of goals.  Just as time will provide the data and the definition will write itself, it is much easier to add goals and to broaden out than it is to eliminate goals narrow one's perspective.  Meanwhile, I would suggest forging ahead and not letting "details"  divert you from your course.  Let us keep our eye on the ball and discourage spending valuable time on working out kinks which will work themselves out in time.  The mission statement may and even should evolve over time; until you are actually traveling the unknown path you cannot imagine what other paths lead off it.  You might, in fact, include in your mission statement that you "anticipate and, in fact, are hopeful that our mission statement, as presently expressed, will evolve as our work evolves and progresses."

It takes a brave man to even say "Good Evening" when of the thousand brilliant minds responding many will ask:  "Are you sure it was evening?  If so, on what continent?  Exactly what do you mean by 'good'?"  Engaging in this sort of intellectual gamesmanship is a waste of brilliant minds.  One of the challenges you face is that of directing with enough authority that these wonderful minds are put to better use.

Dare I say "Good Evening"?   Just Joking!   Best to you, Nicholas, Tommye