I thought it was an old Irish saying, but just came across this citation: Lucida Grande3333,3333,3333 "God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change those things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference." (Reinhold Niebuhr 1892-1971) The last line is relevant, considering our concern for defining "wisdom." This is what I was suggesting in introducing the notion of principles, or the "invisible hand." Times0000,0000,0000 0000,0000,0000 On Oct 18, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Tommye Rodrigues wrote: ArialPerhaps: "Wisdom is the recognition of that which is of intrinsic value in the life of all men."  Too much legal work - maybe I am nitpicking.   ArialStay well.  Tommye