Are there any other parents out there who are dissatisfied with the creche
arrangements for the AAG - see below?

The idea of reimbursement is interesting but I am not sure why we have to farm
out our children to private nurseries and commute through Chicago to do so.
Off-site private facilities mean we will probably have to leave our child there
for the whole day (or most of it) where as an on-site facility would mean we
could leave kids while we went to a session and then have them with us for
lunch (and tea + coffee breaks) and when we didnt want to necessarily attend a
session but when we wanted to catch up with other academics? Are on site
facilities so impossible to arrange? We just need a few grad students and some
story books!

I know this was an issue for some of us at last year's IBG in Glasgow and the
outcome was very unsuitable. Are any other parents out there struggling with
this arrangement? Is it worth making a suggestion to the organising committee?

If you have any thoughts or suggestions please let me know,

Paula Meth

CHILD CARE
AAG will reimburse registered attendees for necessary child care expenses
incurred at the meeting at the rate of $10 per hour for a maximum of 30 hours.
Reimbursement forms will be available on-site and below, and a check will be
sent to the attendee after receipts have been furnished along with the
reimbursement form. All child care arrangements should be made by the
individual attendee. Childcare agency recommendations may be obtained from the
Chicago Convention & Visitors Bureau (www.chicagocvb.com). AAG does not
endorse, recommend or promote any one agency. Responsibility for selection and
investigation of an agency’s credentials is the sole responsibility of the
child’s parent or guardian.

Dr Paula Meth
Department of Town and Regional Planning
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
S10 2TN
0114 2226912.