Thought this might be of interest to the list

Ray McGlone

From: ATLS Cape Town [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 October 2005 05:17
To: UK INstructors
Subject: UK ATLS Instructors needed for Cape Town Courses

Dear ATLS Instructor,
Because you volunteered to be an ATLS Instructor, we have taken the liberty of contacting you.
South Africa most probably has the highest rate of trauma in the world -- Yet we have a serious
shortage of ATLS instructors that can assist in combatting this "pandemic"
Pls take a minute of your valuable time,  for which we have a very high regard, and consider the
following scenario.
A. Find an ATLS Instructor colleague
B. Convince him/her to accompany you on a trip to ZA to instruct on an ATLS course in Cape Town.
C. Buy your flight tickets
D. We will provide transport and accommodation for the duration of the course and fora whole
 week thereafter.
E. A ten day stay in Cape Town and surrounds--  for the price of an air ticket ( £500 ???)
 (And a few extra pence for meals and fuel)
The £ is one to 8 Rand  and for £10 you will buy a super bottle of wine and have a three course meal.
The car is not a Merc 500SLC,  but a Fiat Uno with 150 km free per day.
So travel to Hermanus, George, Knysna or anywhere you like---  just give a lecture or two (or three)
on one of our courses.

If this appeals to your benevolent ATLS  personality, then pls contact me directly on
and  allow me to explain, when and how, we can make this project work for you & ATLS Cape Town in 2006.
Looking forward to your valued response.
Warmest ATLS Regards.
Willem Kolver
ATLS Slave
Cape Town
PS.
Pls tell all ATLS student applicants,  who are on a long waiting list,  that we welcome them as well in Cape Town

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform [log in to unmask] that this message has gone astray before deleting it.  Comments or opinions expressed in this email are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not represent the views of the Trust, its management or employees. Morecambe Bay Hospitals NHS Trust is not responsible and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written within.Thank you for your co-operation.