Hi folks , apologies that we have been a bit slow getting this going but
you will all appreciate what a busy time this is.

I am really interested in hearing any comments about Ron Barnett's
presentation. How do we get on with the 'tricky business' of unpacking the
concepts? I have just been looking at the HEFCE Sustainable Development in
HE Policy statement and it seems that they too got into the tangle of
definition and multiple perspectives.

On another note, Forum for the Future has developed the notion
of 'sustainability literacy'. I have my own views of this particular term
but I would be keen to hear what ohers think of the notion of 'literacy' in
this context.

It was suggested at a DEA meeting last week that we might join this list up
with an email group run be Gwen Collins at Leeds. Gwen's list was set up
after the DEA national conference for people interested in global
perspectives. It seems logical so we shall be looking into how ew take this
forward.

Anyway hope you are all well and getting into the swing of the teaching year
Regards
Chris Shiel