Sporkworld.org is launching a new site, Sporkworld: The Community at www.sporkworld.org//index.php, to accompany the main Sporkworld site at www.sporkworld.org  Please come visit the site, add your comments to the articles, vote in the current poll (about poetry), and submit links for the links page.

The new site will feature articles, reviews, and commentary on the major themes addressed in the web works on Sporkworld.  There will also be regular contests and opportunities to participate in collaborative projects to be published on Sporkworld.  More interactive features will be added as the site matures.  For example news feeds and discussion fora are anticipated, if there is enough user interest.

Sporkworld: The Community eagerly seeks article submissions on the following topics:

Web Art (reviews, opinions, technical articles)
Poetry (reviews, poetics, manifestoes)
Reviews (book, music, and art reviews)
Mental Health (policy, personal stories, opinion)
The Daily Saga (personal essays, humor, rants)
Current Affairs (anything political)

We also need stories about works on the main Sporkworld site, including reviews (neagative and positive) so as to introduce readers to the content on the main site.

We are especially interested in international (from outside the USA) views and opinions, and stories based in non-mainstream US subcultures (ethnic, religious, socioeconomic, and geographic minorities, disability groups, and the gay and lesbian community), but we are happy to publish articles from all kinds of people.

Please see the community site (introductory article and sidebar) for details on how to submit articles.

Millie Niss
********** To alter your subscription settings, log on to Subscriber's Corner at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/writing-and-the-digital-life.html To unsubscribe, email [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and the following text in the body of the message: SIGNOFF WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE