Hi All,
I too have found Endnote extremely useful, particularly because I can copy
and paste shorter articles into the notes section that accompanies each
reference - I can also include my own notes and comments - both of these
then become searchable within the database.

As Lesley says, it is also possible to download references directly from
many online catalogues and commercial research databases (including the
British Library and EBSCO).

It is also possible to merge Endnote libraries - I have, on occasion,
swapped libraries with other researchers in the same field.

Denise