Completely off topic but I have just had a my own two minute silence for
the people in America's Gulf coast. Everybody in the UK willl be
thinking of you over there, This is an occasion when   a common language
unites rather than divides
The last time I tuned on TV it seemed that the hurricane had not been as
bad as people feared so when the damage was shown this morning it came
as something of a shock.