I don't see the problem Henry.  The Site manager is the individual who
has overall  responsibility for the operation of a Site, not the
operation of the institute. At RAL we do not control the firewall but we
have a process for requesting and justfying the opening of ports.

I haven't read every line of the document, is there something that
causes a problem?

John