On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Norman Gray wrote:

> 1. Can a Starlink person (Peter?) try merging this onto the HEAD and see what
> happens.

Hi Norman,

I've tried to merge your tagged files onto MAIN and start a rebuild, but
seem to have hit a problem on the second package (CNF) with
pre-processing.

This uses the FPP macro to create an include file from the usual
boiler-plate:

CNF_PAR.processed: CNF_PAR.F
         rm -f CNF_PAR.processed
         $(FPP) -I. $(FPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) CNF_PAR.F $(FPP_OUTPUT)
         test -f CNF_PAR.processed || mv CNF_PAR.f CNF_PAR.processed
CNF_PAR: CNF_PAR.processed
         rm -f CNF_PAR CNF_PAR.tmp
         echo "* Generated from CNF_PAR.F by Makefile.am" >CNF_PAR.tmp
         grep '^ .*[^ ]' CNF_PAR.processed >>CNF_PAR.tmp \
             && mv CNF_PAR.tmp CNF_PAR

but under the new system "FPP" doesn't get a value. I think this is
because the preprocessor checks now determine that direct compilation of
.F file is possible (using g77 in this case), so don't produce the macros
to support these games, but maybe my merge is messed up to (it felt a bit
uncertain in places).

What do you think?

Cheers,

Peter.