Retention of telephone recordings

Dear all,

Can anyone provide me with a policy on how long to keep recordings of phone conversations?  I have some sort of folk memory that it's 6 months, but can't find it cited anywhere…at least not in a hurry.

Also I know there's something on cctv footage and how long to keep that, but I'm blowed if I can locate it.

Clare

Clare Cowling
Records Manager
The Law Society
113 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1PL
Tel 020 7320 9541
(internal ext 4605)

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy
it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person.
Instead please return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to
Please then delete your copy from your system.
Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any
contract on behalf of the Law Society by email.
Thank you.