Thanks Keith - looks a very useful and interesting aspect of mentoring aligned to Mathematics to
pursue.  When I was in Niigata, Japan, in December 2004 I watched a lesson by a recently qualifed
Maths Teacher - we discussed the possibilities of embedding mentoring in her Maths teaching as
a form of on-going professional development. Now I know about your programme I'll certainly
mention it if and when I return to Japan. In the meantime I'll let Professor Ikuta, Dean of Niigata
Unoiversity know about your MA programme - I understand that he works with this the teacher.

Warm regards,
Sarah