From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">June L Mecham
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:27 PM
Subject: [M-R] Introduction to doing medieval history?

To: Medieval Religion
From: June L Mecham/FACSTAFF/UNO/UNEBR
Date: 09/07/2005 02:15PM
Subject: Introduction to doing medieval history?

Hello all,
I realize this is not absolutely related to the subject of medieval religion, but does anyone know of any articles or book chapters that might provide an introduction to the practice of studying medieval history (dealing with manuscripts, paleography, various source materials, etc.) suitable to undergraduates?  I'm supposed to speak to an undergraduate seminar (students working on a large paper as part of their senior project) about "doing medieval history."  I would like to have the students be able to read a general introduction to sources and/or paleography, but I'm drawing a blank.  It seems like anything I find related to paleography or sources would be too intricate for undergraduate purposes.  I'm looking for something pretty general.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd be very grateful for any ideas or help.
Sincerely,
June
June L. Mecham, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History