Esteemed colleagues:

Last week in a brasserie in Paris, we saw, fairly prominently displayed, a
little shrine with a statue of a saint who, according to the waiter, was
"notre patron a nous, St. Vincent," the patron of the harvest and of wine,
but he couldn't say which St. Vincent this was. Any ideas who he might be?
The brasserie did not otherwise exude piety, so he might be a saint who
keeps a kindly eye on a variety of fleshly pleasures.

Bernadette Filotas

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]