I personally think there will be a new problem. How are you going to decide
who are native-speakers and who are non-natives? For those children we call
them BBC (British Born Chinese), are they native speakers? Also there are
many children who are born as half Chinese and half British. Some chldren
came to the UK as native Chinese speakers. Buth when they came, they were
under six years old. They didn't start school in China at all.
I feel the main problem is that we do not have Chinese teaching in the same
way as German and French. I have been teaching at two main schools for over
three years. Chinese is a long way to be put in the school curriculum yet. I
struggle to keep students happy at lunch teaching and after school.

Helena