Without getting into the argument itself, I can merely add a little grist to
this: I know of one major electronic project that moved away from CD Rom
publication into online distribution of their resource, partly on the ground
that CD Roms were no longer quite large enough for the volume and format of
data (although DVDRom could have solved that for a while, at least), but even
more importantly I think was that the CDs were being copied and sold on the
'black market' far too easily.

The four arguments of the library are interesting though? How many of them are
true/valid?

Best,
--
Gabriel BODARD