The Learning and Instructional Development (LIDC) at Simon Fraser University
 (www.sfu.ca/lidc/) has developed an innovative and exciting online program
to teach participants to design, produce, and teach online courses.

The Certificate in Web-Based Instruction combines the teaching of both
conceptual and technical skills as participants learn about pedagogical
models to create their own online courses and to deploy them to a delivery
platform of choice, including open source platforms. The program uses a
collaborative approach to teaching and is delivered via a platform called
WebCT.

The Certificate in Web-Based Instruction is offered entirely online
beginning September 26, 2005. To view a demo and to register for the program
go to http://www.sfu.ca/lidc/telestraining/ Registration fee is Cdn$1,900.00

Testimonial of participants in previous versions of the CWI program:

"I went from fear and intimidation with technology, to building web sites
and constructing collaborative learning environments - an incredible journey
for me." Deborah Kerr, Teacher - Vernon, British Columbia, Canada

"What an exciting, eye-opening introduction to the world of el-learning this
 has been for me!" Sue Bodmer, Technikon, South Africa

If you have any Inquiries or would like to receive more information, please
do not hesitate to contact me by email.

Cordially yours,

Rasoul Salehi
Communications Officer