-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Lucas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:
28 September 2005 12:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interfaces: English Studies and the Computer

Dear Colleagues

I would like to invite you to our next event exploring the ways in which e-learning tools are helping to re-shape the teaching of English.

Interfaces: English Studies and the Computer

University of Newcastle 03 Nov (pm) - to 04 Nov

The Subject Centre has been working on a number of interesting initiatives in e-learning recently including the use of 'electronic voting systems' and 'learning designs' as well as a scoping study of the uses of technology within the teaching of the subject. We have assembled an incredibly diverse range of speakers - and timetabled in plenty of discussion time.

If you have just opened Powerpoint for the first time or are building your twentieth Virtual Learning Environment then this event is for you - it is a crucial space in which to share problems, solutions, ideas and innovations.

Register now at:

http://www.english.heacademy.ac.uk/explore/events/future/event_detail.php?eventId=65

Kind regards

Brett Lucas

Learning Technologist & Web Development

English Subject Centre*

Tel: 0207 848 2546

Fax: 0207 848 2980

* A Subject Centre of the Higher Education Academy

Have you tried our new: -

English Department and Staff member web search

Experience and Interests database

********** To alter your subscription settings, log on to Subscriber's Corner at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/writing-and-the-digital-life.html To unsubscribe, email [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and the following text in the body of the message: SIGNOFF WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE