Dear All

Thank you for your prompt feedback with regard to testing the VRVS connections at each of the GridPP sites. My current understanding of times for the test slots is as follows (all calls will be in the Mars virtual room):

Tuesday 23rd August 2005

************************

13:30-13:40 Birmingham

13:40-13:50 Brunel - no response

13:50-14:00 Cambridge

14:00-14:10

14:10-14:20 Durham

14:20-14:30 HP-Bristol - no response (call only?)

14:30-14:40 IC

14:40-14:50

14:50-15:00 Lancaster

15:00-15:10

15:10-15:20

15:20-15:30 Manchester- no response

15:30-15:40

15:40-15:50 Oxford

15:50-16:00 QMUL (September)

16:00-16:10 RAL - no response

16:10-16:20 RAL-PP

16:20-16:30 RHUL

16:30-16:40

16:40-16:50 Edinburgh

16:50-17:00 Sheffield - no response

17:00-17:10

17:10-17:20 UCL-HEP (& UCL-CCC)

Wednesday 24th August 2005

**************************

14:00-14:10

14:10-14:20

14:20-14:30

14:30-14:40

14:40-14:50 Cambridge

14:50-15:00

15:00-15:10 Liverpool

15:10-15:20

15:20-15:30

15:30-15:40 Glasgow

15:40-15:50

15:50-16:00

Sites from whom I have had no response can either contact me before their scheduled time to confirm or propose a new time on Wednesday. Interestingly this test is also revealing a few gaps in the GOCDB contact details!

Remember that if you think you may have greater than average problems connecting, you can always use the VRVS café area 24hrs a day for testing purposes. A few sites suggested that Video Conferencing rooms will be needed. I would strongly encourage people at those sites to set up desktop VRVS sessions with a headset as this is a very flexible and (relatively) simple approach. I remind you that we want to take this approach because of the cost savings for sites. When it works you will find like many of us that using a computer headset for the calls is also easier; the problems generally come when participants do not mute their microphones (allowing unwanted background chatter to come through and sometimes annoying feedback). That's an additional problem for Thursday's meeting.

I look forward to talking with many of you about various issues tomorrow (early success permitting!).

Many thanks,

Jeremy

Dr Jeremy Coles

GridPP Production Manager

CCLRC eScience Department                     Phone: (+44)(0)1235 778256

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory                   Fax: (+44)(0)1235 446626

Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 0QX, UK          Email: [log in to unmask]