Back from the holidays to 500 e-mails...

> But it looks like a lot of work to sort the graphics in FIGARO out.  A
> quick deep grep reveals a lot of PGBEGIN calls. Not surprised given the
> mixed heritage and sticky plaster approach to its recent development.

That's why supporting it is a poisoned chalice and we lost Horst.

Figaro needs more band-aids than even Bob Geldof can supply.  We've been
patching over the flaws far too long.  \begin{hobbyhorse} It would have
been much less effort to have written our own spectroscopy applications
to complement KAPPA. \end{hobbyhorse} A lot of the stuff in Figaro has
been long superseded or deprecated.  When you get down to the
spectroscopy, there isn't that much, and Horst provided some of it in
SPECDRE.

Malcolm