Hi Rui,

Thanks for your interest - this list is really for academic staff who are involved in running Masters programmes so it is concerned with issues like curriculum, assessment, accreditation of programmes, etc. It is not really a general public policy list.

There some of these which it might be more appropriate for you to join:

UK-Appam (public policy, administration and management): [log in to unmask]

Social policy: [log in to unmask]

best wishes

Colin

Colin Talbot
Professor of Public Policy
Nottingham Policy Centre, University of Nottingham
+44 115 84 67439 (Nottingham University)
+44 7971 674 620 (mobile)

Professor of Public Policy and Management (Designate)
Centre for Public Policy and Management
Manchester Business School
University of Manchester
Booth Street West
Manchester
M15 6PB

Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 2908
Fax: +44 (0) 161 273 5245
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.mbs.ac.uk/cppm

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 08/22/05 1:25 pm >>>
Cheers Professor Colin Talbot,

I am presently a Research Assistant at LSBU.
I am presently developing some research in Policy Evaluation Methodologies
and the reason I requested to join your list is to participate in Public
Policy discussion.

I hope I have answered your enquiry and that my wish to be accepted at
this mailing list finds success,

Kind Regards
Rui Pedro

rui dias said:

>>From: "Colin Talbot" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: MPA-UK List
>>Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:34:02 +0100

> Testez le nouveau MSN Messenger ! http://search.msn.fr/
> Hello,
>
> you have applied to join the above email list - can you tell me who you
> are
> and why you want to join?
>
> many thanks
>
> Colin
>
> Colin Talbot
> Professor of Public Policy
> Nottingham Policy Centre, University of Nottingham
> +44 115 84 67439 (Nottingham University)
> +44 7971 674 620 (mobile)
>
> Professor of Public Policy and Management (Designate)
> Centre for Public Policy and Management
> Manchester Business School
> University of Manchester
> Booth Street West
> Manchester
> M15 6PB
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 2908
> Fax: +44 (0) 161 273 5245
> Email: [log in to unmask]
> Web: www.mbs.ac.uk/cppm

> attachment
> may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
> system:

Rui Pedro TEIXEIRA DIAS

Research Assistant
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Department of Engineering, Science and the Built Environment
Property, Surveying and Construction
103 Borough Road,
London, SE1 0AA
United Kingdom