Dear All,

I have been asked to post a summary of the ideas for training exercises
sent to me on the list so everyone can benefit.  Hope they are of help
to some of you.

*	Classification - put the titles under the most appropriate
headings
*	Use h2cm model headings
(interpersonal/sociological/empirical/political - or a version of this:
socieal, interpersonal, scientific, political) and ask groups how RM
covers these areas
*	Why do we have records
*	Look at different types of records (domesday, heiroglyphics,
microform, paper, e-) and work out advantages and disadvantages of each
format
*	Invent the perfect paper file (cover, headings for metadata,
fastenings etc.)
*	Identify an event in the public eye when RM was important, say
why, what implications were
*	List types of records - what if they didn't exist or you
couldn't authenticate them
*	Go around building and find different records
*	Talk about whether Bible, Qur'an, Guinness book of records, etc
hold records.  what about policeman's note books etc.
*	Describe different documents, ask them to come up with titles
and naming convention
*	List lots of types of recorded info and ask which are and aren't
records.
*	Name a long process and ask them to split it into separate
functions and types of records created within each function
*	Have a long list of records and ask how they'd develop retention
periods for each
*	List as many series they can.

Regards
Matt