New member introduction and a request

Hello,

I'm the Manager of Records & Information Management for the planning groups at Auckland City Council in New Zealand. In a previous life I was a law librarian, flirted with knowledge management at a multinational consulting organisation, and have finally washed-up on the shore of records management - where, I am pleased to find, that all the strands of information management coalesce and make sense. I am also in the final throes of a Masters degree in Library and Information Management Studies, with a research project investigating user records management education and training in compliance-driven environments.

It is an interesting and exciting time for us at the moment - we have a new-ish Public Records Act and are embarking on introducing functional classification to Auckland City - as a precursor to EDRMS implementation.

I am fortunate enough to have secured funding to attend the 'Paper to Digital' conference in London at the end of September, and while in the UK was hoping to visit records teams at a couple of local governments/councils to pick brains, ask lots of questions and generally see how you've done the things that we're doing now and learn from your experiences. I shall be staying in Paddock Wood, Kent, with easy access to trains, from 19-30 September. If anyone is able to give me an hour or so of their time, please contact me off-line.

Many thanks

Jacqui

Jacqueline Davidson
Acting Manager Business Services City Planning
Manager Records & Information Management
Ph: +64 9 307 7394
Mobile: 027 273 9529
Location: Civic Administration Building, 1 Greys Avenue, Auckland
www.aucklandcity.govt.nz

This email is confidential. If it is not intended for you please do not read, distribute or copy it or any attachments. Please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message and any attachments.

Any views expressed in this email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Auckland City Council.