Sent: 02 August 2005 09:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Unstructured data

Dear all,

There's a lot of talk these days about the 80% of information/records created by organisations which comprise unstructured data, while c.20% only is structured into databases.  Does anyone have the source for this?  I believe it was Gartner, but can't find the actual source document anywhere.

It's a powerful argument for records management, but not much good unless it can be substantiated (other than through the evidence of our own eyes).

Clare

Clare Cowling
Records Manager
The Law Society
113 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1PL
Tel 020 7320 9541
(internal ext 4605)

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy
it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person.
Instead please return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to
Please then delete your copy from your system.
Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any
contract on behalf of the Law Society by email.
Thank you.