Bill East wrote:

> Offertorium - 48
>
> Clear enough? Now, here is the text of the Easter Sequence:
>
> Victimae paschali laudes immolent Christiani.

In the Sarum Use, this particular Sequence is not employed until Easter
Friday.  On Easter Sunday (and in the absence of Offertorium 46 & 47 I
presume that is where we are now) the Sarum Use has a massive Sequence which
begins:

Fulgens preclara rutilat per orbem hodie dies in qua Christi lucida
narrantur ovanter prelia.

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]