From: David Evans [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 August 2005 15:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Use of Periods

Then so is Roman!

Thank You

David Evans
Historic Environment Record Officer
Planning & Environment
South Gloucestershire Council
Kingswood
BS15 9TR

01454 863649

  _____

From: Issues related to Sites & Monuments Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Biddulph, Kim
Sent: 23 August 2005 14:44
To: [log in to unmask]

Though as Julia says, we use centuries in Bucks, the use of dynasties and
even regnal terms are useful if the HER is going down an educational route.
Schools use medieval, Tudor, Stuart, Georgian and Victorian but never
post-medieval, which is purely archaeological jargon.

Kim Biddulph
Unlocking Buckinghamshire's Past Project Officer
County Archaeology Service
Buckinghamshire County Council
01296 382072
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/countryside/index.htm