From: CAYLEY, Catherine [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 August 2005 11:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Questionnaire for HERs on proposed 'Heritage Gateway' project

Dear All,

For those of you I have not yet met, a brief introduction:

I am working full-time on the project to build a 'virtual national monuments record' for England, to bring together the nationally held datasets with local HER data and other information resources across the historic environment sector.  This project, to build a 'Heritage Gateway' or portal, has been developed in partnership with ALGAO and IHBC and we envisage initiating work in late autumn.

In order to build a portal that is truly useful for the sector we need your help! I took the attached questionnaire to the HER Committee Meeting on Monday 22 August and have made a few adjustments to categories and questions according to the Committee's advice. I'd like to thank them for their help and I have already started collating their responses. I'd be grateful if other HERs could provide their opinions by filling in the same questionnaire.

I attach a copy of the questionnaire as well as a copy of the project 'Vision Paper' which highlights the key targets and aspirations for the proposed 'Heritage Gateway'.

Please email your questionnaire responses back to me by Friday 2nd September.

Many thanks - your help is much appreciated to inform this project!

Catherine

Catherine Cayley

Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor

National Monuments Record Centre

Kemble Drive

Swindon SN2 2GZ

01793 414560

English Heritage is subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
All information held by the organisation will be accessible in
response to a Freedom of Information request, unless one of
the exemptions in the Act applies.
the system manager.

McAfee® WebShield® for the presence of computer viruses.