Hi,

Since the ports were openned last week I thought I'd try to make the
dCache SE the default for dteam.

Unfortunately now I'm failing the SFTs due to third party copy problems.

I can replictae the problems and think I've narrowed it down somewhat.

Third party SE to SE copies work from other SEs on site but fail from
ones offsite so I'm suspecting a firewall interaction problem.

Poking around on the server whilst the copy attempts are going on I find
port 20000 listening with (according to lsof) java listening to it.

[root@heplnx204 install]# lsof -i :20000
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
java    4841 root    9u  IPv4  19888       TCP *:20000 (LISTEN)
[root@heplnx204 install]# ps -ef | grep 4841
root      4841  4840  1 17:48 ?        00:00:17
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_08//bin/java -server -Xmx256m
-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=256m -Dorg.globus.tcp.port.range=50000,52000
-Dnetworkaddress.cache.ttl=600 dmg.cells.services.Domain
gridftpdoorDomain -param setupFile=/opt/d-cache/config/gridftpdoorSetup
ourHomeDir=/opt/d-cache

The choice of port looks suspiciously like something trying to use the
GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE but having the default value hardwired in.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can look is anyone else running this
on a non standard port range?

Thanks,
Chris.