Each time I reopen analysis and setup the same fitting procedure for the
same data I get the same fitting parameters (as one would expect) but
with different fit errors.

Given that the regression parameter estimates don't change each time I
do this then I wouldn't expect the fitting error to change either. I
have deliberately omitted the use of any error values in the 'series
condition points' (Data analysis -> Rate analysis -> Edit Exp. Series)
as I gather these have no impact on the fitting procedure or the fitting
error at this stage.

Henry