Do you want to improve

maternity services?

Develop your analytical abilities and

leadership potential?

MSc/PG Dip Advancing Midwifery Practice 2005/2006 entry

In response to the challenge of delivering the NSF for Maternity, we now have two pathways through our programme. The first offers a policy/research pathway offering a strong grounding in policy analysis and research, with options in health economics and public health. The second has a clinical focus with options in clinical supervision or managing midwifery led care focusing on birth centres and caseload practice. Both pathways provide a strong grounding in conducting a structured review, research methods and students are expected to conduct an empirical study or a work-based service development project.

On completion of the course, students are expected to have an understanding of international, political, social and ethical issues of reproduction and a scientific basis for examining midwifery practice and policy.  In addition they gain skills in critical appraisal, project management and public speaking.

Programmes are available full or part-time and are open to midwives from outside the UK.

Programme Leader

Professor Jane Sandall - 020 7848 3605 - [log in to unmask]

For further information: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/pg

If you would like further information on our postgraduate programmes, contact our Postgraduate administrator on +44 (0)20 7848 3368 or email [log in to unmask].

Jane Sandall

Programme Leader MSc Advancing Midwifery Practice

Professor of Midwifery and Women's Health
Midwifery and Women's Health Research Group,
Health and Social Care Research Division
King's College, Waterloo Bridge Wing,
150 Stamford Street,
London, SE1 9NH
Tel: 020 7848 3605