> But I'm fortunate I can touch type, I can "lay the thoughts
> directly onto
> the screen" in an automatic intuitive fashion, and much
> faster than I can
> handwrite. Am surprised all kids aren't taught to touch type
> nowadays.

When I handwrite a document (which is rarely), the style is very different
to when I type. Different again if I dictate.
Personally I think a degree of keyboard skills (including touch typing)
should be a requirement for entry to medical school. Doesn't take long to
learn; it will save you a vast amount of time later in your career. Poor
time management not to acquire the skill.

> Who knows, perhaps the kids
> born in 2055
> or 2105 won't have handedness anymore; whether it's QWERTY
> keyboards or
> something much more sophisticated,

Something more sophisticated I hope. The QWERTY keyboard was designed to
slow your typing down. Switch to a Dvorak (where the letters are more
ergonomically arranged- you should be able to set up your computer to think
that your keyboard is a Dvorak; and you can pull the letters off and switch
them around if you like) and you'll speed up.

Matt Dunn
Warwick

This email has been scanned for viruses by NAI AVD however we are unable to
accept responsibility for any damage caused by the contents.
The opinions expressed in this email represent the views of the sender, not
South Warwickshire General Hospitals NHS Trust unless explicitly stated.
The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure
under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.