UK:- DP and New Licensing laws for pubs, clubs and food establishments...

This gives all the local authorities and courts across the UK the perfect
opportunity to make sure that all these establishments are within the legal
requirements within the DDA towards all disabled people.

I go into these places as an 'action-researcher' and and example of
'discrimination' is that I still see that many of the bars/counters within
these establishments still have not been lowered to the legal
requirements(or have a lowered part at the bar/counter for all disabled
people, especially wheelchair users and those with restricted growth? Why is
this still happening when the DDA in fully enforceable now?

It's time now to make them fully accountable with law and this is a perfect
opportunity for all disabled people in the UK to put pressure on their local
authorities to make sure that before these new licenses are issued that all
these public service establishments are adhering to their statutory duties
within the DDA.

So, 'speak-out' and make your Council aware of this; and if need be then
make objections to the Courts.

Can anyone answer me the question why the DRC don't employ a team of
researchers going around the Country and doing 'access-audits' of all public
services providers here in the UK. This would be a 'pro-active' approach in
tackling these continued problems and stop the Courts being 'blocked-up'
with disability discrimination cases.

'Time to get equal'

Yours

Colin R

Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

are now located at: