Lawerence wrote:

I cannot afford a decent machine

During a particularly bad bit of my life..I was desperate to discover the Net..and my ancient puter was hopelessly inadequate, I got as grant from The Arts Council to buy a new one..plus enough money for a year's ISP.

I'm certain they would be helpful and generous to some one like yourself..

Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Never mind the third world, and I am not amused

I cannot afford a decent machine

I am on dialup

I am in UK

Do not suppose that your position is everyone's and that what you have is the way things can be if only we'd pull ourselves together

The point you oppose was seriously made, I am sujre; and you misrepresent it

I am tending to receive emails, copy them into word and then repasting them - because of the quirks in my machine. I can cope. I want to respond seriously and not just fire off responses

What you say applies to messages we want to read. It does niot apply necessarily to the bulk. Your proposal produces lots of saved bits of blog. I don't want that.

btw you could save time loading and downloading by trimming your messages