EDRM costings

Sara,

We have some metrics for EDRM implementations, but are you wanting a figure to cover the complete cost of implementing EDRM or just for the software element?  Also, are you going to start by implementing records management or document management first, or a combination – which changes the project duration and cost?  Are you including workflow - which could be a complete project on its own? Are you wanting to make it a component of your intranet / web content system – which means higher integration costs?

There are a number of things that need to be considered which may include:

You may also want to consider the additional (usually hidden) cost of resource ‘backfill’ for when some of your full time staff are contributing to activities on the implementation project.

EDRM projects usually involve a significant change to culture and to the ways of working and this shouldn’t be underestimated – it needs to be planned in and budgeted for – and requires well thought out management of change and communications activities.  The software is about 20% of the effort, the rest is business change.

If you want to contact me off list with some more information, I’ll be pleased to help.

Mike

mobile:   07931 320 584

efax:     07092 189 532

web:   www.bramble.cc

EDRM and Business Consultancy Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.