Sara,

We have some metrics for EDRM implementations, but are you wanting a figure
to cover the complete cost of implementing EDRM or just for the software
element?  Also, are you going to start by implementing records management or
document management first, or a combination - which changes the project
duration and cost?  Are you including workflow - which could be a complete
project on its own? Are you wanting to make it a component of your intranet
/ web content system - which means higher integration costs?

There are a number of things that need to be considered which may include:

*	Software licences and database upgrades or purchase (for clients and
servers)
*	infrastructure upgrades (servers, network, storage, etc)
*	hardware (scanners, PCs, etc)
*	business consultancy (for business analysis, taxonomy, configuration
work, project management)
*	technical consultancy (software installation and upgrades)
*	training (software as well as new ways of working)
*	integration to other line of business applications
*	data migration (moving electronic data into EDRM, physical record
capture, etc)

You may also want to consider the additional (usually hidden) cost of
resource 'backfill' for when some of your full time staff are contributing
to activities on the implementation project.

EDRM projects usually involve a significant change to culture and to the
ways of working and this shouldn't be underestimated - it needs to be
planned in and budgeted for - and requires well thought out management of
change and communications activities.  The software is about 20% of the
effort, the rest is business change.

If you want to contact me off list with some more information, I'll be
pleased to help.

Mike

mobile:   07931 320 584

efax:     07092 189 532

web:   www.bramble.cc

EDRM and Business Consultancy Services

 <http://www.bramble.cc/>

on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

  _____