  _____

[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fresko, Marc
Sent: 07 July 2005 13:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Declaring a record - origin?

Liz,

As far as the phrase goes, my recollection is that we settled on it as a
group while working on the (then) PRO/CCTA "Functional Requirements for
EDRMS" in about 1999.  There was no preferred phrase in use at that time
that everyone agreed on.

I'd be amazed if the source of the idea of deciding whether something should
or should not be a record actually originates from an American CFR, but I
could be mistaken...

Marc Fresko

  _____