I'm pleased to announce the release of Weft QDA version 0.9.6. It's
available now for FREE from http://www.pressure.to/qda/

Weft QDA is a software tool for Windows and GNU Linux for the analysis
of unstructured textual data. It offers a simple interface to generic
'code and retrieve' functionality, and includes a number of other tools
that may useful in qualitative analyses. It is open source and currently
released under a public domain licence.

New features and improvements in this release include:

- coded text is highlighted in document and category windows
- new code review tool to compare coding of multiple categories
- faster coding and rearranging of categories
- interface improvements for Windows & Linux
- category names can now be in non-latin scripts, eg Chinese (native
language support only)
- updated and expanded documentation
- new installer
- fixed several bugs

Since the previous announcement to this group in late 2004, Weft QDA has
been substantially improved, based on the feedback of users. It should
be now complete and stable enough for use in a range of projects; I hope
to release a version 1.0 soon. The suggestions and reports of users are
particularly welcome to iron out remaining problems and shortcomings,
and to identify what would improve the tool further.

best wishes
alex