*  having respect for evidence
*  identifying the nature of evidence
*  invoking the logic of question and answer
*  maintaining an aesthetically engaged and appreciative response
*  an awareness of taste
*  an awareness of thymos

These are very nice words above.  What do they actually mean? Is discussing
them with words the answer? Won't it lead to an infinitive regress of words
and words and words and words and words?  What is 'taste'? What is
'aesthetically engaged and appreciative response'? What is 'evidence'? What
is an 'answer'? What is a 'question'?  Now someone will try to answer me and
I shall answer back and a third will answer me and I shall answer him/her
and so forth and so forth.

Isn't the answer just an interpretation in action by producing work that
will show what these and possibly other criteria (who says that this is how
I perceive good research?) mean for the individual who produces the work.
Again, I suggest sharing works and writings and seeing and examining what
they mean as we engage with them - like a reading or Art review or a
critical reading or Art group.  I personally do not see any other way of
engaging with rigour when human beings and human existence are involved.

Since there are apparently four convenors who are trying to call us to
order, I am looking forward to see who will kick me out of this e-seminar or
just give me a yellow card with warning for a red if I won't behave.

Alon

It has removed 1 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!