Dear Steve

Further thoughts. Thanks so much for your stimulating posting about my review.

re. My response is really how your review of the book might contribute to the
discussions rather than focus on how the book itself contributes. As I have not
read the book, I cannot comment on its own contribution.

The discussions on this list - and Jack's stated intention in inviting this
seminar, I understand - have led us question our standards of judgement. As I
offered my feedback on a new book of direct relevance to this list I was also
exploring what might be suitable standards of judgement by which to judge it.

A few days ago, before I began to reveiw, I asked for guidance in identifying
suitable standards. I hope that ones I have used are fair and sufficiently wide
ranging - but in case they are not, I came back and asked for feedback.

I appreciate your posting which I interpret to mean What new knowledge did I
gain in reading this new book and in reflecting on its potential educational
significance? I'll go back and re-read and as I redraft I'll ask myself this.

Warm regards - just gearing up for a busy day - whatever you and the other
contributors are doing today - I wish you well - and I wish you happiness,

Sarah

--
Sarah Fletcher
http://www.TeacherResearch.net