i am a teacher of ict / physics, recently (last 2 years) completed an
msc (ed management & leadership, distinction).  during this i found
your approach to ar initially somewhat amazing  (i came from a
positivistic physics background - physics phd age 22 - 25, did
research failed to write up due to starting teaching..).  my masters
dissertation investigated how open source software could improve ict
at my college (school) and  help resolve my living contradiction in
using proprietory software. this was somewhat
heavily influenced by jack whitehead's and jean mcniff's approaches and
used ar to deploy & evaluate an ict development.

in this research i realised the value of the ar paradigm, and it's
value in information systems developments - positivistic performance
measurements do not measure what matters - people & their reaction.
it had a major pragmatic effect - as a school we changed from
microsoft to open source / linux - it lasted for a term.. technical
issues and political issues and "i want ..."

however, i now find myself at age 46 / 47 looking at the end of my
teaching career and reflecting on what i have / have not achieved in
a variety of contexts.  i find  that younger teachers ask me for
advice, ask me to resolve situations (surprising to me because in my
mind i am still that young teacher - i still ask my older or more
reliable colleagues (not age dependent) for advice).  in another vein
i find that new heads of department (subject leaders in newspeak)
seek advice and reassurance - however i ask them back about my fears
and worries - what do they make of that!

i also find myself in a situation where i see younger colleagues
(whom i have mentored / developed ) now promoted to  more senior
positions (i am a 'senior' teacher in the structure).  i see
(perceive ? ) them handling a range of situations rather badly - is
this 'new' management or just my 'touchy feelings' ?  this is
compounded by being in a rural school where we are 'bankrupt' - i
have to get computers by begging universities for their scrap... the
disparity between my school and say thomas telford is unbelievable.

i would be interested in developing a phd inquiry into (this is very
loosely phrased and covers far too many issues) "what can i offer to
my colleagues in the closing stages of my career" - " how does / can
my experience and my living educational theory (values?) help new and
emerging teachers and leaders" - "how do i resolve my unfulfilled
potential (wishes?) against my achievements as a teacher",

writing this makes me think of a much more blunt thesis:

teaching: 1985 - 200x - is  my living educational theory and
professional practice of value for the future?

so, the question: would this be of any interest, can it be developed,