I was tipped off by a colleague about this discussion yesterday, and
heard it on the BBC Radio 4 web site today.

The discussion centred around the Select Committee report, and their
central comment re books being the core, and state of buildings.

What a shame that Cilip had not released in advance one of its numerous
press releases so librarians could have listened in at the time. or
even, like me, after the event (still time to get it on the web site).

But also what a shame NOT to have a public librarian on the panel? Good
to hear a Cilip person again, and Guy Daines was excellent, David Lammy
saying the right things and Mark Wood, also a well know Library
Consultant., but alas no one from the coal face who is working and
running a public library., who could speak about the reality of books,
lending, book funds, policy etc. But some good mentions of Peckham,
Liverpool and Bournemouth.

But please MLA, Cilip, who ever. let us know about these programmes, so
we also can spread the word.

Frances Hendrix
The Laser Foundation
Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane