 -----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Frances Hendrix
Sent: 24 July 2005 22:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bags of Books: Sure Start, wonderful idea, missed opportunity?

What a wonderful idea this is, but where is DCMS, MLA and public libraries
in this scheme?

Surely a deal could have been struck whereby all bags of books had an
invitation to the family/parent/carer, and the child, inviting them to the
library to 'swop' the books once they had been used, or take out more
books.,telling them about the stock of the library and the other many
services libraries provide to children and the whole family., and with a
life membership card to the library for the child?

is this a case of no joined-upness again?

Frances Hendrix
The Laser Foundation
Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane
Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley
Lancashire. PR6 7QR
Tel: 01257 274833
Fax: 01257 266488

'Disclaimer: You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee).  The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.  If you are not the addressees any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error please return it to the originator and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it.
All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest antivirus products.  This does not guarantee a virus has not been transmitted.   Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the detection and eradication of viruses.'