-----Original Message-----
From: Evidence based health (EBH)
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Olive Goddard
Sent: 30 June 2005 13:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Level of Evidence Assistance

Dear Colleagues,

Would any of you care to respond to Maria.

All good wishes,

Olive

>>> "Maria Shepherd" <[log in to unmask]> 06/29/05 7:21 pm >>>
Greetings-

I am doing a project for my physical therapy schooling, and I wanted to ask
for your input/assistance.  I have two articles, both of which are
systematic reviews.  However, they each only examine one RCT, and the
remaining articles reviewed (6 in one article and 10 in the other) are
empirical/observational studies which don't have control groups.  All of the
findings were positive and concluded the same thing.  I'm having trouble
assigning a level of evidence to these two systematic reviews because they
do only have one RCT.  Would you mind providing me with some input as to
what level of evidence you might think they would be and why?  I appreciate
your assistance.

Thank you.

Maria Shepherd, PT