Maria,

A good book is interviews on women and the troubles by an Italian journalisat, Silvia Calamati,'The Troubles we've seen',  published by Beyond the Pale publishers.

On those suggestions of Catherine's. The Duchas archive is housed by the Falls Community Council and Claire Hackett is the worker responsible for the archive, which is an oral acccount of West Belfast people's experiences of the Troubles. Itis highly interactive, easily searched, but you need to access it in situ. The details on how to get hold of 'Strong About it all' which I recommend, are below.

'strong about it all...'
Rural and urban women's experiences
of the security forces in Northern Ireland

edited by Helen Harris and Eileen Healy (2001)
ISBN 0-9540264-0-3 (softback) 135pp £9.00 sterling
Orders to local Bookshops, or:
North West Women's / Human Rights Project Publications

1 West End Park
Bogside
DERRY
BT48 9JF