We are currently looking at retention schedules in preparation for the
Electronic Social Care Record, (ESCR) and have conflicting views on the
retention period for childrens case files.

As I understand it, the 'Arrangement for the Placement of Children
Regulations (1991) state a period of 75 years from the childs date of
birth - (going back to a discussion on the list back in March).

However, the RMS Local Government Retention Schedule advises, 75 years from
18th birthday, (potentially extending this period to 93 years).

I just wondered whether:

1)there is a valid reason for this difference?
2)and if so, which authorities are tending to opt for, (upto 75 or 93
years).

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Caroline Ives